Covid House Rules
- Stay two metres apart
- Face coverings when on the move
- Enjoy yourselves..
- Shows are approximately 80 minutes without an interval, which means no queue for the loos.
- Maximum 150 customers or 25% capacity.
- Customers will arrive in three time slots, please check entry time on your ticket.
- No deckchairs this year and therefore an extra 4.5m to the stage edge.
- No bars or front of house facilities, except click and collect pizza and chilled prosecco, bring your own food and drink (but don’t share it…)
- All shows are in daylight only and over by dusk.
- Actors are tested regularly and work in a bio-bubble.
- We’re cutting out actors’ interaction with audience that involves them sitting on your lap and throwing things at you..
Please make your booking according to the current guidance on gov.uk. At the moment, 2 households can meet together regardless of party size, or 6 maximum if from more than two households. You can sit close together if you are in the same household, or with another support bubble. If not, then you need to sit at least 1 metre apart.
• Customers will sit on the terraces as usual, we are asking, and will help, you to keep 2 metres along from the next group along the row.
• Groups of bookers will be separated 2 metres laterally, and by one terrace vertically. This means that the terrace in front of you will be empty to give room and let you move around without crossing others.
• Even if you make your booking as one large group, you may need to spread out a bit more. There will be plenty of room.
• All our customers are required to wear face coverings when on the move but not when sitting down unless desired.
• Please be aware that kids will need extra supervision in this environment.
Check .gov.uk for updates before your visit as your seating arrangements need to be current on the day, not at time of booking.
How To Find Us
Grosvenor Park is located in the heart of Chester city centre, use postcode CH1 1QQ (Vicars Lane). Local, regional and national train services all run from Chester Station, which is a 10 minute walk away. Chester Bus Station is also just a short walk.
When should I arrive?
Arrival times will be staggered in three 15-minute blocks to ease queuing and allow everyone to get settled. Please ensure you arrive at the arrival time on your ticket
How long are the performances?
The Comedy of Errors is approximately 80minutes long and does not have an interval.
Can I bring my own food and drink?
You are welcome to bring any food and drink (including alcohol) that you like along with you.
We will have limited facilities this year so please be aware that our usual bar will not be open.
Click and Collect wood-fired pizzas are available to pre-order. Book below.
Are there toilets?
Toilets are approximately a 30-second walk from the theatre.
What else are you doing to keep us safe?
Hand sanitiser is on hand and all the usual safeguards are in place. Toilets are cleaned regularly, and seat backs are wiped between use.
Can I take photos?
You are welcome to take photos at any time except during the show. Share your pictures online @storyhouselive. Use the hashtag #ThePark -or try a #GPOATSelfie!
Being outside will be an integral part of the experience. We’ve witnessed some baking afternoons, inspiring sunsets, and the odd thunderstorm.
Come prepared – for matinées bring a hat, sunscreen and sunglasses. For early evening performances bring warm clothes. Raincoats are recommended; you may bring an umbrella but don’t use it if it can block anyone’s view.
Occasionally very bad weather may mean we have to stop and restart the show, we allow for up to 60 minutes delay.
We will never cancel a performance before the advertised start time, as the weather can change very quickly.
If we have to cancel the show, you will be offered the choice of a full refund of the ticket value (excluding £10 donation), the chance to see a different performance, or a voucher.
Grosvenor Park Open Air Theatre is fully accessible, with accessible toilets on-site. Wheelchair users can book a Picnic Terrace ticket and transfer to the Picnic Terrace, or if you prefer, let a member of staff know when you arrive and watch the performance from stage level. (Covered Picnic Terrace seating has steps up to it so is not accessible).
If you have any extra requirements, please let us know on 01244409113. Essential Companion tickets are available – click here for more information.
NCP Pepper Street (a 5 minute walk away) offers 50% off parking for all Grosvenor Park Open Air attenders – simply ask a member of staff for a voucher as you leave the theatre. Please note that cash payments are not currently accepted at this car park.
There are various other city centre car parks available. See local car parks. Please check closing times as in the event of rain delay the finish time may be a little later.
Street parking is also available at evenings and weekends a few minutes walk away.